The growing demand for knowledge-based manufacturing and connected supply chains are driving the growth of smart manufacturing.
- ORBCOMM, along with Inmarsat, will provide next-generation IoT satellite services, telematics devices, and end-to-end solutions offering a combination of high bandwidth data packets with low-cost terminals.
- MTU Solution targets sea transport by developing the automation platform and connecting it with the MTU SmartBridge to provide a fully-integrated bridge-to-propeller-solution.
- Pentair Launched Pool Builder application to provide IoT solutions, Connected Salt Level Sensor for water softeners, and smart water quality solutions for monitoring water quality.
- Siemens AG is partnering with customers and partners such as Britishvolt, Giz, Enka, and Aral for the digital transformation in the discrete and process industries.
- ITW launched an e-commerce platform for buying ITW Hartness products that focuses on developing products through digital tools.
Growing competition has prompted organizations to provide a better customer experience in order to attract new customers and retain existing customers.
- Carrier Corporation is collaborating across industries to develop heating, ventilation, and air conditioning solutions to enhance operations for all its clients, thereby improving the customer experience.
- Rexnord partners with Regal Beloit Corporation acquired Hadrian to deliver value to the customers.
- ITW acquired MTS Systems Corporation to expand its manufacturing business for customer solutions.
The advancement in technology coupled with the ever-growing demand for power, smart grids, renewable energy, and smart meters will drive the energy and utility sector.
- Siemens AG signed a new deal to create clean energy and introduced the “Green Hydrogen” project.
- MTU Solution focuses on developing high power gensets, battery storage systems, and power supply facilities that are suitable for providing uninterrupted power supply for data centers.
Latest Reports Published in Draup
Key Funding Alert
Locus Robotics raises USD150 Mn to scale its warehouse robotics platform
Locus Robotics’ fundraising in the Series-E round at a USD 1 Bn valuation will accelerate product innovation and global expansion. Locus expects to install a million warehouse robots in the next four years, and its usage in warehouses to grow tenfold.
Company – PassiveLogic
HQ Location – Greater Salt Lake City Area, US
Total Funding – USD 19.18 Mn
About: An autonomous building platform, they turn complex building automation into a simple plug-and-play experience, improving the profitability of automation installers by 2X, and allowing them to execute at scale. Read More>>
Key Insights and Signals in Draup
Mergers and Acquisitions
Snap-on buys Dealer-FX Group for USD 200 Mn
This acquisition complements Snap-on’s existing OEM and dealership business in its Repair Systems & Information (“RS&I”) Group that provides electronic parts catalogs, essential tool and diagnostics programs, and custom analytics to OEMs and more than 50,000 dealerships globally.
MKS drops bid for laser-tech producer Coherent.
Coherent deems II-VI’s USD 6.2 Bn bid superior to Lumentum offer. The decision came after Coherent chose a proposal to be acquired by II-VI IIVI, making engineered materials. Read More>>
Bitfury’s US Bitcoin mining subsidiary to go public via USD 2 Bn SPAC merger
Cipher Mining Technologies is looking to achieve a 745 megawatts mining capacity by the end of 2025. The company says it hopes to cross the 445 MW milestone between 2021 and Q2 2022. Read More>>
Trelleborg acquires leading supplier of composite hoses
The acquisition complements Trelleborg’s industrial hose, and specifically, composite hose offering.
Assa Abloy buys inventory management platform Invengo Textile Services
The acquisition of Invengo Textile Services enhances the group’s position within smart components and will provide complementary growth opportunities.
Engineering giant Renishaw up for sale following the announcement by founders
A formal sale process begun at Gloucester-based engineering giant Renishaw after the two founders and largest shareholders announced they plan to sell their stake in the company. Read More>>
Siemens completes the acquisition of C&S Electric in India
The acquisition addresses the rising demand for low-voltage power distribution in India. Apart from gaining access to the Indian market, the transaction also aims to create an export hub. Read More>>
Stratasys Direct Manufacturing and Xometry partner to deliver nylon 3D printed parts
Stratasys will provide high-performance nylon material options to customers of Xometry’s global custom manufacturing marketplace. Xometry’s customer base can tap Stratasys Direct’s deep expertise and substantial manufacturing capacity in SLS 3D printing.
Builder of micro 3D-printers partners with Materialise to reduce pre-processing time
The software provides a tailored-turnkey solution to oversee setup and data preparation of BMF’s Projection Micro Stereolithography (PμSL) 3D printing systems. Read More>>
Collaboration with Oxford Instruments accelerates next-generation battery development
Oxford University and Henry Royce Institute collaborate to fight climate change by developing new technology for net zero-emission vehicles. Read More>>
Amcor Partners with McKinsey.org to build sustainable recycling systems in Latin America
The project aligns with Amcor’s 2025 sustainability pledge and commitment to collaborate with partners globally to promote better waste management and recycling infrastructure. Amcor is leveraging its customer network to expand support for the initiative. Read More>>
Deals & Deal Renewals
Hitachi ABB Power Grids bags INR 160 Cr (USD 22 Mn) order to supply transformers to the Indian Railways
This plan aligns with the government’s goal of achieving 100% rail electrification by December 2023 and making Indian Railways a net-zero carbon emitter by 2030. Read More>>
3D printing partnership updates from Stratasys
Airbus awarded a contract extension to 3D printer OEM Stratasys to produce 3D-printed polymer cabin interior components. The contract expansion includes replacement and spare parts for maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO). Read More>>
Zero-emission energy observer vessel taps Rockwell Automation Technology to travel the world
Rockwell helps the Energy Observer team monitor, control, and optimize energy sources’ distribution and decide when and how to switch from one energy source to another. It records the vessel’s operational data and communicates it back to the team onshore. Read More>>
Delta Drone signs OEM integration deal with South Korean manufacturer, Doosan Mobility
The agreement will see ParaZero integrate its patented SafeAir parachute technology with Doosan’s award-winning DS30 endurance drone. Read More>>
Piaggio, KTM, Honda, and Yamaha to create swappable batteries consortium
The consortium believes that the availability of a standard swappable battery system would promote the use of light electric vehicles and contribute to the sustainable life-cycle management of batteries used in the transport sector. Read More>>
Brooks Rhinehart joins Robosoft as President and Country Head, USA
Mr. Rhinehart will lead the country operations and further drive the ambitious business growth of Robosoft in the US. Read More>>
Munro ends long career at Antalis
Munro has spent almost 29 years at the business and will continue to support it until October.
Honeywell Automation India limited names Dr. Ganesh Natarajan as Chairman OF Board of Directors
Dr. Natarajan will guide HAIL’s management team’s overall strategy, business, and financial matters. He will provide direction and Board support for strong corporate governance. Read More>>
Rhett A. Hernandez elected to the Hubbell Board of Directors
While in the US military, General Hernandez became an expert in cybersecurity, strategic planning, leadership, and operational synergies. During his military career, General Hernandez commanded at all levels. Read More>>
Steffen Munz new CFO of Schaltbau Holding AG
Schatlbau is positioned in terms of technology to exploit growth potential in markets for new energy. Improving financial performance of Schaltbau is his priority. Read More>>
Center setup and Expansion
II-VI to double manufacturing capacity of optical filters
II-VI will expand its manufacturing footprint in Santa Rosa, doubling optical filters’ manufacturing capacity for polymerase chain reaction (PCR) instrumentation and 5G optical access networks over the next five years. Read More>>
Here’s what’s new on our Sales Intelligence Platform
Run country-level analysis in the Ecosystem
- Obtain complete overview of country-level data in the Ecosystem section
- View the emerging and declining titles in your vertical in the Ecosystem section
- You can view the company’s HR locations in the Company Profile
- You can change the currency in the cost modeling section