Latest Industry Insights from Draup Braindesk
Industrial interfaces now support IoT and M2M connectivity, enabling companies to monitor and control on-site industrial operations remotely.
- Rockwell Automation and Comau partnered to simplify robot integration for manufacturers. The collaboration offers industrial customers easier, smarter, and more productive ways to design, deploy, and manage robot applications.
- Schaeffler introduced an innovative condition monitoring system for machines and systems. OPTIME integrates Schaeffler’s condition monitoring systems (CMS), SmartCheck, and ProLink.
- Siemens launched Sitrans SCM IQ, a new Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) solution for Smart Condition Monitoring. It detects and eliminates potential incidents early, reducing maintenance costs and downtimes while improving plant efficiency.
The fourth industrial revolution is driving the industries to adapt the way they produce, supply, and distribute goods and services. It is helping them stay competitive amidst shifting consumer behaviour, increase market transparency, and customer engagement.
- ABB launched the next-generation cobots to unlock automation for new sectors and first-time users with low levels of automation, with customers able to operate their cobot within minutes of installation, straight out of the box with no specialized training.
- Rockwell Automation introduced the Allen-Bradley 856T Control Tower Stack Light system to provide maximum flexibility by using fewer components to meet the widest variety of applications.
- GE Digital introduced improvements to its industry-leading CIMPLICITY and Tracker software, which provide operators critical decision support and assistance to be more productive. CIMPLICITY HMI/SCADA is a high-performance automation platform that uses client-server visualization to precisely track and manages operations.
Chinese and Japanese companies are actively building smart factory solutions to lead the fourth industrial revolution.
- ABB, along with Dassault Systèms, invested USD 150 Mn to develop collaborative robots at its manufacturing plant in Shanghai.
- Mitsubishi Electric and Mitsubishi Chemical developed a metal additive manufacturing process and various compatible materials to push rapid prototyping across the industry.
- Schneider Electric set up a smart factory in Batam to research cutting-edge technologies such as AI/ML and AR/VR and develop solutions for connected machines and predictive maintenance.
Factories of the future continue to grow and develop, and manufacturers need to realize that they must adapt to the networks that connect them efficiently and effectively.
- Cohesio Group partnered with Locus Robotics to deploy Locus Robotics’ AMR solutions for the first time in the Asia Pacific. Locus Robotics designs and builds autonomous mobile robots (AMRs) that work collaboratively with workers in fast-paced logistics and fulfillment facilities.
- THTI partnership with Huawei marked the start of their collaborative innovation in the 5G era. They utilized their resources, technological advantages, and capabilities in technological, industrial, and business integration and industrial derivation.
- Huawei uses acoustic, infrared, and vibration-based sensors to collect a machine’s data and monitor its status. Statistical algorithms enable businesses to predict and detect machine failures.
Latest Reports Published in Draup
Key Funding Alert
Ford, BMW lead USD 130 Mn investing round in solid-state battery startup
Ford and BMW are leading the funding round in a solid-state battery startup, Solid Power, as carmakers push to lower the cost of electric vehicles by investing in the development of affordable but powerful rechargeable batteries. Read More>>
Company – AMP Robotics
HQ Location – Greater Denver Area, US
Total Funding – USD 74.74 K
About: AMP Robotics’ scalable robotic system reduces the cost of recycling and enables smart recycling facilities. Its solution is to combine computer vision and machine learning with robots that can identify and rapidly pick recyclable materials off a conveyor belt for market and recovery.
Key Insights and Signals in Draup
Mergers and Acquisitions
Valmont Industries (VMI) to acquire Prospera Technologies for USD 300 Mn
Since 2019, Valmont and Prospera have successfully integrated AI technologies with center pivot irrigation to develop real-time crop analysis and anomaly detection solutions, resulting in strong adoption and greater returns for the grower. Read More>>
National Instruments acquires MonoDrive from Ansys
National Instruments will leverage monoDrive’s expertise in signal processing and advanced simulation to help customers accelerate the delivery of advanced driver-assistance systems through high fidelity driving environments capable of modeling numerous sensors and thousands of real-time scenarios.
Quanergy and Digital Mortars partnership brings advanced LiDAR-based retail analytics covering the entire shopping journey
The partnership combines Quanergy’s 3D LiDAR Flow Management platform with Digital Mortars retail analytics to create a first practical solution for accurate full-journey shopper tracking throughout massive store spaces, including malls, stadiums, and airports. Read More>>
Fanuc partners with Recycleye to automate the recycling industry
FANUC and Recycleye have addressed the demand to deliver intelligent automation to the industry. Recycleye Robotics performs the physical tasks of identifying, picking, and placing material at a rate of 55 successful picks per minute. Read More>>
Priva and Viessmann join forces for the development of smart buildings
The companies will explore opportunities for global synergies around combined tech-driven solutions that predictively adapt climate and energy to users’ needs for commercial building owners and operators for smart districts and cities. Read More>>
Deal and Deal Renewals
Sensata Technologies wins USD 15 Million contract with leading electric truck OEM
Sensata Technologies will provide Power Distribution Units for DC Fast Charging for medium and heavy-duty electric commercial vehicles. Read More>>
Weir Group wins GBP 36 Mn (USD 50 Mn) order from Ferrexpo
The Weir Group will provide a range of Weir comminution products, including high-pressure grinding rolls (HPGRs) and screens, to reduce energy consumption by more than 40%. Read More>>
ABB secures order from global steel company SSAB for modernization at Swedish mill
ABB has secured an order for the modernization of roller table drives and motors integrated with the existing ABB Ability System 800xA distributed control system (DCS) at SSAB’s hot strip mill in Borlänge, Sweden. Read More>>
GEA Group makes changes to its supervisory board
GEA Group made six personnel changes on its twelve-strong supervisory board and elected Klaus Helmrich as its new Chairman. Read More>>
Kimball Electronics announces retirement of CFO Mike Sergesketter; appoints Jana Croom as successor
Mr. Sergesketter, who has been in the role since 1996, will be succeeded by Jana Croom, the company’s Vice President of Finance. Read More>>
Emerson Electric (EMR) names James Turley as Chairman
Turley, who has served as a member of Emerson’s board since 2013, is an independent director. Turley succeeds former chair and CEO David N. Farr, who retired after 20 years as CEO in February and will conclude his board term today. Read More>>
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries America appoints Michael Sicker as President of the oil & gas division
In parallel to his new role as president, Sicker will continue to serve as MHIAs global account manager for ExxonMobil, responsible for integrating solutions that maximize customer value. Read More>>
Center setup and expansion
Thyssenkrupp Materials opens new logistics center
Thyssenkrupp has invested around EUR 60 Mn (USD 72Mn) to develop better process chains with a high level of automation and digitization. Read More>>
Jabil opens healthcare facility in the Dominican Republic
Jabil announced the official opening of its newly constructed 60,000 square feet healthcare manufacturing facility in the Dominican Republic for producing a variety of precision medical products. Read More>>
Here’s what’s new on our Sales Intelligence Platform
Expanded Sales Financials Data
- Introducing Statements, Earnings Call Transcripts, and Ratio sections in the Financials section.