How Can Sales Enablement Benefit Your Business?
Sales enablement means equipping your sales teams with the right strategies, tools, content, and other resources to inform, empower, and convert prospects. A good sales enablement program focuses on customers and the value the product brings to them rather than focusing on the product.
Since data is integral to the sales pipeline, finetuned, powerful AI models have changed the sales ecosystem. Enterprises are revising their sales enablement strategy, proving to be a long-term solution considering it increases its deal closure rate by over 16%.
Why is a Robust Sales Enablement Needed
Most organizations create a sales training program on an ad hoc basis. When your sales team is doing the same thing, there is a good chance they will underperform, resulting in deals slipping through the cracks.
Sales enablement involves implementing a cross-departmental strategy for sales and marketing to work together. A good sales enablement program –
- Optimizes the onboarding for new sales experts,
- Delivers the right content and documents to sellers at the right time,
- Maximizes buyer engagement,
- Helps achieve alignment between sales and marketing, and
- Obtain real-time feedback into customer engagement metrics.
Advantages Sales Enablement Gives Your Team
We have discussed the power it bestows on your sales team. Let us determine the benefits.
A sustainable process to increase revenue
Whether you are a veteran or a newbie, everybody needs to train regularly, as athletes do. Industry veterans are not immune to making mistakes. Sales enablement allows you to spot errors and provide you with data to fix them. Furthermore,
- Create a sales enablement function and examine your new hire onboarding process.
- Have programs in place to support your team members even after basic training.
- Arrange short bursts of microlearning programs to ensure consistent performance.
- Create quizzes about various stages of the sales cycle to gauge their knowledge.
It Shortens Your Sales Cycle
A study shows that an average sales representative spends nearly 2/3 of their time on non-sales-related activities. It is no wonder sales professionals are falling short due to paperwork, which involves looking for sales collateral, entering prospect data into a CRM, and tracking prospect interest.
Using sales enablement best practices, sales managers can help sales representatives to share the right content with the right prospects on time. Furthermore,
- Providing sales representatives with coaching and knowledge at the moment they need it will prepare them to deliver relevant messaging that sells value and moves the conversation forward.
- Sales enablement tools can provide sales reps with in-time training and relevant sales collateral to refer to it for recollection purposes.
- Use a robust sales enablement tool as a single source of truth for all your content and customer/prospect information.
Aligns sales and marketing
Misalignment between departments wastes time, money, and resources. When sales and marketing cannot agree on the lead quality, lead follow-up, suitability of marketing content, it makes the situation ripe for blame games.
Sales enablement can act as a glue and align your sales and marketing teams. What happens when both the teams are on the same page?
- Marketing stops wasting money on poor-quality leads.
- Marketing gets actionable data and feedback on sales content.
- Sales receive high-quality content and training.
- Both departments stop blaming each other and aim for the same high-quality lead.
Achieving alignment begins with planning and implementing sales enablement. Sales intelligence platforms like Draup help your teams build hyper-targeted prospect lists with an ability to segment accounts and stakeholders through comprehensive and real-time metrics.
Its built-in account management feature provides sales teams with a data-driven view of their customer and their ecosystem across hundreds of curated metrics across locations, technology, partnerships, stakeholders, and talent.
Draup’s 360-degree view is built using machine learning models and validated by a team of analysts, ensuring data integrity. Its Opportunity Index provides sales teams with concrete, data-backed metrics to check deal feasibility, strategize and pitch to relevant companies.