As a UI Designer at Draup, you will apply exceptional user-centered design skills—layout, imagery, color, typography along with key visual and interactive elements to solve a variety of design challenges across the product. As a part of the design team, you will collaborate and interact with a wide range of digital stakeholders, business analysts, UX designers, creative team members, front-end developers, product managers, and project managers, both local and remote, within an agile start-up environment.
What you will do:
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences keeping in mind the user needs, business goals, and technological realities
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners, and customers
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite the complexity of the system
- You work closely with product marketing, customer success, and users to deeply understand, document, analyze, and synthesize product requirements/briefs into usable and visually pleasing designs
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering, including illustrations and custom iconography
- Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Who you are:
- 2+ years experience in a UI role or an excellent body of work
- An encyclopedia of usability standards for UI
- Somebody who keeps themselves up to date with new trends in the discipline
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment You place customers first. You make no compromise on this. You are data-driven You have great written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus: Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Collaborate effectively with designers, data scientists, researchers, product management, development, marketing, and other team members
- Present designs effectively and be able to explain the rationale, best practices, and evidence that lead to the design choices
- Be able to articulate and defend design decisions with proven data, theory, or evidence-based strategy.
- You will deliver world-class experiences.
- Self-motivated, self-starter, self-directed, and flexible.
- Able to meet aggressive deadlines from time-to-time Take end-to-end ownership of new features development on Draup’s platform