Big Data Engineer
The Big Data Engineer at Draup is responsible for building scalable techniques and processes for data storage, transformation and analysis. The role includes decision-making and implementation of the optimal, generic, and reusable data-platforms. You will work with a very proficient, smart and experienced team of developers, researchers and co-founders directly for all application use cases.
What you will do:Develop, maintain, test and evaluate big data solutions within the organisation.Build scalable architectures for data storage, transformation and analysis.Design and develop solutions which are scalable, generic and reusable.Build and execute data warehousing, mining and modelling activities using agile development techniques.Leading big data projects successfully from scratch to production.Creating a platform on top of stored data sources using a distributed processing environment like Spark for the users to perform any kind of ad-hoc queries with complete abstraction from the internal data points.Solve problems in robust and creative ways.Collaborate and work with Machine learning and harvesting teams.
What you’ll need:
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Must have good programming experience in Python.
- Proficiency in Apache Spark (PySpark) is a must.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience in technologies like SQL and NoSQL data stores such as Mongodb.
- Good working Knowledge of MapReduce, HDFS, Amazon S3.
- Knowledge of Scala would be preferable.
- Should be able to think in a functional-programming style.
- Should have hands-on experience in tuning software for maximum performance.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Takes ownership of all technical aspects of software development for assigned projects.
What will give you an advantage:
- Expertise in big data infrastructure, distributed systems, data modelling, query processing and relational.
- Involved in the design of big data solutions with Spark/HDFS/MapReduce/Storm/Hive.
- Worked with different types of file-storage formats like Parquet, ORC, Avro, Sequence files, etc.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Understands how to apply technologies to solve big data problems and to develop innovative big data solutions.
- Someone with entrepreneurial mind-set delivering quick and efficient solutions with good design and architectural patterns will be preferred.
Who you are:
- B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech / M.S in Computer Science or software engineering.
- Experience of 2-6 Years working with Big Data technologies.
- Open to embrace the challenge of dealing with terabytes and petabytes of data on a daily basis. If you can think out of the box have good code discipline, then you fit right in.